Hours are 1-6pm daily (leaving lots of leasure time in the morning to enjoy hiking, swimming, or taking in our other yoga classes in the mornings at 1/2 price!!!) Monday, January 15 through Friday January 19th
Investment: $380 usd
Please Make your deposit of 150 usd to reserve your space. You can do this through paypal here or contact Anna for more options : firstname.lastname@example.org
This 25-hour restorative yoga teacher training will teach you about the art of restorative yoga and why it is important to cultivate a restorative practice in your life, as well as why it is an important practice in becoming a well-rounded yoga teacher. This training will involve discussion, restorative practice, and practice teaching. Students will learn about the nervous system, the energetic body, and how this calming practice is an essential tool in finding balance in our lives. By the end, students will know how to teach a basic restorative yoga practice. A 25-hour Certificate in Restorative Yoga Teacher Training will be given and this course is worth 25 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) with the Yoga Alliance.
The training will include:
- What is restorative yoga and why is it important
- Three pillars of restorative yoga
- The nervous system
- Effects of chronic stress
- Importance of yoga nidra, visualization, and intention-setting
- Basic restorative postures
- How to effectively use props to aid in relaxation
- Verbal cuing, communication, and silence
- Learn to observe and assist
- Develop a restorative sequence
- Pranayama techniques
- Learn to hold space safely and comfortably
- 25-hour Yoga Alliance certificate in Restorative Yoga Training
- Manual to take home
Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times
By: Judith Hanson Lasater
Living Your Yoga
By: Judith Hanson Lasater
What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication
By: Judith Hanson Lasater
I'm an E-RYT 500 hr certified yoga teacher. I believe we should explore yoga with compassion, a gentle determination, and a sense of humour. I hope to inspire others by living a creative, inspired life. I studied with Nicki Doane of Maya Yoga, a system that blends both Iyengar and Ashtanga yoga. I am a certified Advanced Relax and Renew® trainer with Judith Hanson Lasater, a certified yin teacher with Bernie Clark, and a certified yoga nidra teacher with Brenda Feuerstein.
Yoga and your True Nature
Yoga Practices for a Calm and Happy Life
If you're looking for a yoga retreat that offers you tools for finding your true nature - Happiness -
here it is. Anna Laurita invites you to 6 days of Yoga Practices for a Calm and Happy Life
I want to be happy and you want to be happy.
During this yoga immersion/retreat you will learn new tools for happiness through daily yoga practices ( vinyasa and restorative), dharma talks, guided meditations, pranayama, mantras, mudras, affirmations and more. In addition you will enjoy calming activities in nature, including a full day visit to our local Botanical Gardens (and a private yoga class in the gardens) . You will also enjoy a Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Yoga Class with a beach lunch to follow.
During the course of the retreat you will have ample time for yourself too. Many afternoons will be free for naps, beach time, and exploring. You will be in the historic downtown which is perfect to enjoy dinners in the many amazing restaurants and sunset strolls on the Malecon.
• Morning satsang/dharma talks with intention setting for the day - tools for happiness.
• 2 daily yoga classes (complete sessions) that include intentions, pranayama, mantra, mudra, asana, and relaxation techniques. One dynamic practice and one restorative practice daily.
• Guided Meditations including Yoga Nidra
• One sattvic, delicious vegetarian meal per day (usually brunch)
• Excursions away from davannayoga:
1) Entrance fees, yoga class and a meal at the Puerto Vallarta Botanical Gardens. You’ll also have a guided tour and time to wander, meditate in the gardens or journal and reflect. This is a full day excursion.
2) A Private group SUP yoga class with Emily Cesca that will be for all levels to enjoy safely and followed by a hosted restaurant lunch on the beach.
3) Silent Meditation Walks
4) A Mexican chocolate museum tour and tasting activity. (Talk about happy!)
We only gather once per year for this retreat. Don’t miss it!
Resources to prepare you:
The Heart of Yoga by T.K.V. Desikachar ( we will be working from Part II beginning Chapter 8)
Wake Up To The Joy of You by Agapi Stassinopoulos
Online Articles on obstacles to happiness - the Kleshas:
All of these are within a 10 min. walk to Davannayoga:
You must let them know you're taking the immersion course with davannayoga for any special pricing that they may be offering
CasaDulce Vida: www.dulcevida.com
Hotel Catedral: http://www.hotelcatedralvallarta.com
Casa De Amigos Guest House: http://CasaDeAmigosPV.com
Dream Studios: http://aliciabueno.blogspot.mx/
Frida's Artist Retreat: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/895029
Vista Pacifico: www.suitesvistapacifico.com/
Bed and Pizza Youth Hostel: http://www.bed-pizza.com
Oasis Youth Hostel: http://oasishostel.com/en/index.html
Hostal Vallarta Suites: http://hostalvallartasuites.com/
Bed and Pizza (youth hostel with some private rooms available bunk beds about 11$ daily) will make a great deal for long term stays (8 min. bus ride to davannayoga) http://www.bed-pizza.com
Oasis Hostel - 3 blocks from davannayoga - you want the one in old town near the cathedral (there are two) http://oasishostel.com/en/index.html
New hotel/hostal with suites this season! It is economical, clean, and only steps away from Davannayoga. A more upscale version of a hostal with suites (bathrooms in the bedrooms). http://hostalvallartasuites.com/
READ ABOUT LEY LINES IN PUERTO VALLARTA - IT EXPLAINS WHY THIS A SPECIAL PLACE FOR SELF DISCOVERY